Morning Session of FE Exam
Engineering Mechanics (Statics and Dynamics) Topic Area
The following subtopics are covered in the Engineering Mechanics (Statics and Dynamics) portion of the FE Examination:
1. Resultants of force systems
2. Concurrent force systems
3. Equilibrium of rigid bodies
4. Frames and trusses
5. Centroid of area
6. Area moments of inertia
1. Linear motion (e.g., force, mass, acceleration, momentum)
2. Angular motion (e.g., torque, inertia, acceleration, momentum)
3. Mass moments of inertia
4. Impulse and momentum applied to paricles and rigid bodies
5. Work, energy, and power as applied to particles and rigid bodies
The Engineering Mechanics (Statics and Dynamics) portion covers approximately 10% of the morning session test content.
FE exam. org offers a collection of videos and lecture notes which review the content covered in the morning session of the FE Exam, including the Engineering Mechanics (Statics and Dynamics) topic area.